domingo, 3 de junho de 2012

Today gray day





It's raining and it's cold...very cold. I had forgotten the feeling of cycling with the rain against my face, my hands hurting with the cold and my feet completely wet. 
Oh well, I could keep complaining but these are just small details in life. After all if it didn't rain, this place wouldn't be so beautiful. 
This gray and cold day helped me to be thankful for the community God has brought me into back again, thankful for friends and people who care about me and are interested in my life. I am thankful for the smiles, hugs, words, holding a little baby, a warm and cosy sofa and a cup of tea in a place that's still so familiar...:) The Sun might not be shining, but these little things brought it into my day! 
Today was Jubilee Sunday - Queen Elizabeth II has been reigning for 60 years!

Here are some of her words that we also read at church today: 

"God sent into the world a unique person - neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with power to forgive. 
Forgiveness lies at the heart of Christian faith. It can heal broken families, it can restore friendships and it can reconcile divided communities. In it in forgiveness that we feel the power of God's love" 

::
Por aqui chove e faz frio...muito frio. Já me tinha esquecido de como era andar de bicicleta com a chuva a bater-me na cara, as mãos a doer com frio e os pés completamente molhados. 
Bem, podia continuar a reclamar mas isto são só pequenos detalhes da vida. Afinal se não chovesse, este sítio não seria tão bonito! Por outro lado, este dia cizento e frio fez-me agradecer a Deus pela comunidade que tenho à minha volta, pelos amigos e pessoas que se interessam e preocupam comigo. Estou grata pelos sorrisos, abraços, segurar um bébé, f  palavras, um sofá quentinho e chá num lugar que não deixou de me ser familiar...:) O Sol pode não ter brilhado hoje, mas estas pequeninas coisas trouxeram-no ao  meu dia!
Hoje foi um domingo muito especial - a rainha completou 60 anos de reinado.